Thursday, June 27, 2013

Censorship Sucks

As many of you may know, Blogger has recently sent out a message to it's bloggers with adult content:

You are receiving this message because you are the admin of a blog hosted on Blogger which is identified to have Adult content.
Please be advised that on June 30th 2013, we will be updating our Content Policy to strictly prohibit the monetization of Adult content on Blogger. After June 30th 2013, we will be enforcing this policy and will remove blogs which are adult in nature and are displaying advertisements to adult websites.
If your adult blog currently has advertisements which are adult in nature, you should remove them as soon as possible as to avoid any potential Terms of Service violation and/or content removals.
Sincerely, 
The Blogger Team

In response, I have removed my ads to my affiliate programs...as you can see.
If I was in an affiliate program with you, I am sorry that your ad is removed, please send your aggravated remarks to Blogger/Google.

I know that I have options.
I could make House Phryxus a website, sadly the domain name House Phryxus .com is owned by my ex-girlfriend and I seriously doubt she'd give it back to me since we haven't spoken in over a month.
Also, that is a huge endeavor that is not free.

Another option is to move to a kink-friendly blog source that allows ads. Theses are few and far between and require a huge overhaul of the blog. I'm not saying the house blog isn't worth it but I currently do not have the time nor does any other member of House. If you want to volunteer your time for this, let me know, we will work something out in floggings.

My response to all of this, for now, is to simply take down the ads and keep writing. I hope you will keep reading. This does change my content in that I will no longer be doing free reviews for companies that require there be an ad for their company on my blog to send me a toy or book. I understand where they are coming from but can sadly not comply.  Other than that, there will be no other content changes.

Hope that this all works out in the end...

xoxo
Lady Phryxus

No comments:

Post a Comment